Update on tiling situation

ts a small board that I can fit into the car and is 9.5mm ...

Ahhh great tip there I'll fire some screws in to hold it.

Reply to
Stephen

If you need to glue to a damp surface you are probably better with a dry mix (i.e. cement based) tile glue - that way the water won't inhibit its curing.

and not use fix'n'grout!

Reply to
John Rumm

The screws can go in the wall under the board - you don't need to screw through it, just provide something for it to rest on.

Reply to
John Rumm

Most tile adhesives are water based, so a little extra doesn't affect the cure IME

Reply to
Stuart Noble

May not be easy to get them below the bath edge though. I say get the brother-in-law out of the spare room. I doubt if his wife will spot him in the bathroom

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Well there's water based and water activated...

the ready mixed ones are typically acrylic, and cure by virtue of drying out (otherwise they would set in the tub). The cement based ones will cure once they are mixed with water irrespective of how wet you keep them after that - hence why they must be supplied dry.

Reply to
John Rumm