update on drain blockage

Just had the official letter from Southern water saying the drains collapsing under the road are my responsibility. Good eh!. By the way beware also this drains insurance being offered by local water authorities. The small print says £2,000 max per claim. To dig up and replace my drains in the road are going to cost in excess off £4,000. Okay, I know my hose insurance is going to pay but I am just livid that I have no control over the road, yet the drains under it are my problem.

ken

Reply to
Ken

You have my sympathy. I had a similar problem, except that it was caused by a contractor putting up a new road sign and putting the steel posts straight through my drain. Eventually they fixed it and paid for my video survey and investigative work.

Reply to
Newshound

Read this

Mark

Sounds like commonsense is going to prevail for a change

Reply to
Stuart Noble

What's the betting that the water companies will insist on the drains being in good condition *before* they adopt them?

Reply to
Roger Mills

No that would be imposable to implement. What _will_ happen however is that the price charged for foul water removal will increase by ? This is possibly the only legislation passed in this decade that makes me believe that someone in government has had a commonsense implant.

Reply to
Mark

IANAL

Check out similar threads on uk.legal from over the last 2-3 months,=20 IIRC someone had a similar problem, but the local council ended up=20 paying once the householder paid for a camera to be poked down there,=20 and they decided the damage was caused by the traffic.

Reply to
Colin Wilson