Untimely airconditioning thread

Nice to know.

Reply to
IMM

It does mention 4.1A @ 220V, so it looks like a very similar heat-pump efficiency.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

What a strange little person you are. I suppose Jack the Ripper was a Victorian Aircon engineer then?

Personally I reckon the hot air you generate with your strange pontifications is a far larger contributer to global warming than almost any other single factor.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

In message , 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet writes

They certainly do

I don't want to be cool, I want to be comfortable.

You thought that was hot ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , IMM writes

I'm going to frame this and put it on the wall

Reply to
geoff

In message , 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet writes

Give it a few years and you might not have much choice

Reply to
geoff

In message , IMM writes

Isn't that your doctor's advice - please take it

Reply to
geoff

Nah, thats the chemicals leaching out of the plastic pipes they use over there.

Oh.... sorry, wrong thread.

Darren - scared to go into his airconditioned machine room incase of serial killers...

Reply to
dmc

Talk about ROFLO.....

You make a village idiot sound like Albert Einstein ! :~(

Reply to
Jerry.

Thank you.

Hear, hear and s/cool/cold/

Quite. It doesn't get unbearably hot until the low 40'sC. Last time I was in "hot" it was 43C in Elat, 6l of water/day and I was only just keeping up my normal urine rate. That was dry heat so you didn't drip. Thailand and Malaysia where humid but only in the 30'sC so not a serious problem. Bit of shock coming from Beijing at sub zero temps to Bangkok at 30C though...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Jerry. writes

Don't talk that way about my mate John. He is always trying (very)

Reply to
geoff

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Singapore to English winter - landing with a thin silk shirt on - brrr

I find it hard to believe what a nation of wimps we're turning into.

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, that is so true.

Reply to
IMM

What is the COP?

Reply to
IMM

I am not little.

The Americans had a/c long before us using ice, hence a/c units are rated in tons, which comes from tons of ice used. Jack the Ripper was American and would be have been exposed to a/c. The a/c is the connection. I'm afraid we have potential serial killers on this ng. They should be stopped from doing what they are doing before it is too late.

Reply to
IMM

Maxie, that is encouraging! You should have wisdom in eyeshot.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

I think one sacrifice would be perfectly adequate

Reply to
geoff

Errrm - I think you will find that flatulence gas is mostly methane - that's a greenhouse gas certainly - but not ozone depleting...

If you are going to spout nonsense you could at least try to get some basis in scientific fact.

Reply to
John Rumm

True - I didn't notice that info. Of course these figures have to depend on outside air temp and more data on that would be nice. It seems almost too good to be true that you can fit an air con unit for £500 and not only get cooling in summer but relatively cheap heat in winter - not a main heat source but it reduces the cost of heating using electricity by more than half. mikej

Reply to
mike.james

I dout it. I have been at similar lattitudes on other continents and they are f*ck-all use there.

That's right. Under 21 degrees.

It was hot. I had the numbers to prove it.

Reply to
Simon Gardner