Untimely airconditioning thread

Yeah. You and me both. I've got 6KW of it cooling my ground floor for 4-6 months a year. The geranium trick is a real pisser, eh?

Reply to
Simon Gardner

Yes, but the number of geraniums required would probably cost more than the air conditioning

Reply to
geoff

That is because you just don't know.

Reply to
IMM

You are kidding?

Reply to
IMM

I have had this moron killfiled for eons. He should not read the wisdom I write. He is not fit to receive it.

Reply to
IMM

Very wise. You will be very much educated by doing so.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Can't you just killfile the whole of Uk-diy ?

Please

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, now stop all this tomfoolery. How can you deprive the masses of my wisdom?

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

I was rather hoping you might do it yourself

Reply to
geoff

Not by the village idiot though...

Reply to
Jerry.

I installed a DeLongi system in my home office a couple of years ago. Nice remote controlled indoor unit with all the moving bits, flashing lights, etc. Not too big. approx 1m wide, 400mm high.

Outdoor unit not bad looking.

Indoor unit came with umbilical containing hoses and supply cable for connection to outdoor unit. Simple installation. 13A plug on the indoor unit (I plugged mine into socket in loft space) and the three connections of the umbilical.

Works a treat.

My only crib is that the umbilical is not long enough but then if it was twice as long it still wouldn't be long enough!

I hired in a hydraulic boom an operator for an hour to lift the outdoor unit up onto it's brackets (pre-fitted to wall) as it's at loft height and is bloody heavy. Ladders not a sensible option.

Total cost... £400 for the aircon (ex demo - usually 900) plus £80 for the boom.

Opinion: Brilliant.

Reply to
PJO

Well they do in Thailand and Malaysia, BTDTGTTS... Cheap accomodation doesn't run to aircon, it was unbearable inside your without the ceiling fan on.

Whilst they don't cool the air they make it move, this movement keeps you cool naturally. There is a big difference between a slow 4' ceiling fan and an ordinary stand or table fan. The ceiling fan sets up a gentle (or not so gentle on high...) whole room circulation, the table fan just blows a little bit of air about.

Even this years summer was not as hot as the above places and the humidity was nothing like it either.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Does it heat as well? If so have you tried it? mikej

Reply to
mike.james

A very good question. We have been pondering it for some time, on grounds of public health and safety.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How come you saw this posting?

Or just leave.

Reply to
Huge

Good question. I specified a non-heat pump model when I ordered it, but the remote control has several heat functions. But I haven't tried it.

But given that we have CH, I don't think I'll be using it to heat.

Reply to
Grunff

Have you tried it in heat pump mode yet? If so what is it like? What outside temerature does it give up at?

Reply to
John Rumm

No, I haven't - in fact when I ordered it I thought I was getting a non-heat pump model.

TBH it's pretty irrelevant since the room has a great big radiator in it!

Reply to
Grunff

Dear snotty uni person,

I recommend lots of bedrest then visit the clinic.

Reply to
IMM

Some of them here haven't been around.

Reply to