Unreliable Vaillant boiler

Sorry, can't find the original thread.

The faulty part was a rubber expansion hose positioned right next to the heat exchanger. (Who do Vaillant employ as engineering designers? The lavatory cleaners?)

The replacement part is a telescoping pair of copper pipes, with O rings completing the join.

But, now that it is working, once the system has come up to temperature and slips into anti-cycling mode, there is a strong resonance vibration that is audible right through the house.

Is this to be expected?

Reply to
gareth

I suspect it goes more like

1/. Engineer designs boiler with high spec hose. 2/. Buyer gets tasked with cost reducing product, and sources cheap piece of crap 'I mean, a hose, is a hose, is a hose, innit?' 3/. When failures come in accountant says 'well its lasted the warranty period, so what? 4/. Customers desert in droves, and five years later no one can understand why the company is going down the pan.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When my virtually new Vaillant started 'buzzing' when switched on from overnight cols (only for a couple of minutes a short time after firing up), my installer called the Vaillant engineer who made a small sotware adjustment and cured the problem. Totally reliable since then.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

They're running out of manufacturers to desert

Potterton (sorry, Baxi) are still trading

Reply to
geoff