Unreal Offer?

To me it looks like a protractor scale is moulded into the curved front ring, rather than being a printed scale on the turntable like other saws.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Just got a Toolstation catalogue in the post. Front cover has an unreal offer;

1200w mitre saw, 5000rpm, 210mm blade, cuts 120mm x 60mm inc laser. £24:97 inc VAT????

You even get 2 blades; 24t TCT & 72t TCT.

Can't be right surely?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well, it's on their website here:

item on the page. Looks like it's available for that price..... which is about a fifth of what I paid for a B&Q version a few years back!

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

No sign of a protractor though, to set up the mitre angle.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If you don't need the second blade then there are plenty about at £19.99 at the moment.

Reply to
John Rumm

message

Mmmmmm.. I can certainly see graduated markings on the front and what looks like a locking screw. Praps you have had more red stuff than I've had tonight.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

That will be the right price. I bought one for that price from Aldi about 6 months ago. Used it for the jobs I was doing around the house and then sold it at a car boot sale for £25.

R.S.

Reply to
RoundSquare

No need. You do it by eye.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sounds about right for a bottom end saw. I cant get the pics to load, is it a Kinzo? If so I've used them, so could comment.

Note it says the 72 tooth blade is carbon steel, which wont last too long in a power saw. Also c steel blades have much lower feed rates, etc.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Not thinking of buying one, I already have an Axminster jobby. Just amazed at the price really.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You could be right on both counts :-)

I was looking at the back, assuming that it might do compound mitre cuts. Stupid me :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

colour & plastics for different outlets. NuTool, Performance Pro, Performance Power, McAlister, JCB, Silverline

Build is usually not fantastic, but certainly good value for money ... it won't match a £500 Makita but they will both cut wood !

Reply to
Rick Hughes