Unnecessary earth wire?

Hi

I have a minor question about wiring. I need to rewire a double-insulated downlighter (used upstairs - so the unit is exposed in the loft). I will use 1.5mm2 6242Y T+E cable. As the unit is double-insulated there is no terminal for an earth wire. The terminal box on the back of the unit has no room to lose the earth wire. Should I cut the earth wire off, or sleeve it and bring it back out of the terminal box (leaving the sleeved wire exposed)?

I guess this is a minor question, but I would like to make a good job of it, so advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Reply to
Aldrich

Sleeve it and tape it up out of the way. It might well be needed if you change the fitting at a later date. Cut it off, and you loose that option.

Always worth considering the future.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Unless there is slack in the cable. which if it a cable i loft supplying light there maybe.

Reply to
chris French