universal tap fitting for hose

Got a hose and pressure washer, however having difficulty getting any secure connection to the tap. Have bought a few 'universal' attatchements, which are somewhat un-universal.

I am not sure what is wrong with our taps. A new build house (persimmon homes), a combined tap for hot and cold water, it seems to be a bit wider then normal.

As soon as any back pressure comes on, the fitting falls off!!!

Does anyone know where i can get a truly universal connector??

thanks

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz

In message , Gaz writes

I don't suppose there is anything wrong with the taps, nor the fittings, it's the nature of things that there will be some limits to 'universal' really.

Other than trying all those that you can find I don't think you'll find such a beast. The Hozelock one I had fitted all the taps I ever used it on, but I do remember it being a bit 'flakey' on some.

I'd just fit an outside tap and stop faffing about and wasting my time and money

Reply to
chris French

Hi Chris

We seem to be the tap thread boys around here! Hozelock do a universal adaptor as you say, but it has limits.

Yup! You can pick them up for about £10 complete with self cutting fittings and flexible pipes.

Even easier, if you don't want to drill a hole in the wall, get a self cutting washing machine fitting

and fit it to a pipe under the sink. They have 3/4" BSP threads so a Hozelock will screw straight on.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Fit an outside tap. These have threaded spouts that will take a hozelock style connector.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Its not worth the hassle,fit an outside tap Remove antispam and add 670 after bra to email

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin