Unhappy builder

wins is my guess.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

This one doesn't look like it'll have ahappy ending either

Owain

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Rather curious rafter spacing?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

ARWadsworth presented the following explanation :

You have to wonder how it can get to this stage, without it going to some independent body for a decision.

£15000 seems awfully cheap for an extension, if the de-roofed bit is the extension. What happened to the builder who demolished the unpaid for porch last year?
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

What happened to the builder who demolished the unpaid

He set up his own website.

ARWadsworth

I thought that was the outstanding payment, not the full cost.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

He already got permission from the owner (the Council) before he started the demolition.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"The dispute over a =A315,000 extension".

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

""He was on a fixed fee, of which he received just over three quarters of the money and he hadn't got the finances to progress the works satisfactorily.""

It seems more likely to me that it was a £60,000 extension with £15,000 outstanding despite what was said elsewhere.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Similar case round here recently, but for a block paved drive. Builder prosecuted for crim damage.

Another firm re-laid the drive for free (publicity?).

Reply to
<me9

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Last chance to watch

fat chav

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The Medway Handyman wibbled on Tuesday 22 September 2009 19:15

Do you have many? (Rogue customers). Real rogues as opposed to slightly awkward, cheap or otherwise a bit random?

Reply to
Tim W

Oh, I know of one all right.

worked a complicated scam involving on-line purchases, returnned orders changes by phone, followed by a claim that no goods had ever been delivered and no actual invoices matched what he had entered on the website.

Paypal and the credit card companies gave him back about 600 quid of money for goods we had signed delivery for, and a full explanation of every invoice too.

WE looked into civil agaction aginst them for abetting a fraud, but lifes to short.

His name is Seyed Izimi, and he lives near Kings Lynn.

He even played the ethnic card.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have had one rogue customer this year. He was a builder.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain saying something like:

The story has an all too familiar ring to it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a tight bastard of a homeowner thinks he can get away with short-changing the builder or plumber or spark.

not to.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon