unfelted slate roof - insulation

Hi all. The only idea I've seen is an aluminium coated bubble wrap. But I've been unable to find a source for it. If you know one please post a link.

Or is there a better idea out there?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

In message , Arthur writes

what is it you want to do exactly? Are you specifically wanting to insulate under the roof, rather than the above the ceiling?

Reply to
chris French

To pin something to the rafters as a substitute for the felting. With HIP's on the horizon I don't want some pencil neck putting a 'big red cross' on my HIP document. I might go to a full conversion to an attic without window to make a clean storage room.

I've just found this

appears to give good advice. Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

The felt isn't there for insulation.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indeed.

To replace its functionality, simply tack plasterboard to underside of rafters.

If doing a pukka job, put celotex between the rafters first and seal it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I want to put floor panels down but I can't leave it at that. Anything I store up there will be smothered in cobwebs within 48 hours.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Will 25mm be adequate or should I go for 40mm?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

depends on how warm you want it..