Undoing and re-making soldered copper pipe...

In message , Mark writes

Ah, so we might have a clue to DIMM's "gainful " employment

Yeah, well it is only explosive at about 10 - 15% concentration

Reply to
raden

Woh, 5 to 15% and under tests it always explodes at 9%. I only learne the 9% thing yesterday from a former pit deputy. I had been called t his boiler which wouldn't light. On inspection the ht lead was burne away, when I lit the pilot by hand there was a strong smell of gas This turned out to be coming from an idadequatley fitted Bundy Tube Plenty of soot showed that under certain conditions this escape wa igniting and burning away the ht lead.

I was doing my speach about how easy it would be for a build up of 5 and boom, when he said, you don't need to tell me mate, and went on t give his story. They used to run regular tests and always the explosio occured at 9%. It must be that we are tought 5 to 15 because there is remote chance of explosion either side of the 9%. Of course we all kno that concentrations would vary around the room.

Anyhow he was very pleased to get it sorted, more so than most people and I learned something too

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

I wondered this myself, but talking to the guy he didn't say once :-)

Dig 1Mt sq hole cut gas pipe from 6ins main, concentration in hole ?

Reply to
Mark

In message , Paul Barker writes

Sorry, I meant 5 -15% Don't ask me why I wrote 10% - I dunno

Reply to
raden