Undertile Heating Advice

Hi all

I hope to lay electic undertile heating to a sound, dry concrete floor that has a hard bitumen screed, which is in good condition and is level. This will not be the sole heat source, but merely for comfort. Will the bitumen melt?! I don't want the extra thickness of an additional insulation layer such as 10mm Martex. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Noah

Reply to
Noah

I would advise It would be best to lay 6mm plywood, or even hardboard, on top the bitumen first Noah. The heat system will melt into the bitch and will create a terrible smell as it does so. A thin layer of ply will stop this happening and, should also act as a good insulator to throw the heat back up toward the room where you need it most instead of trying to heat the bulk of the floor mass first before the heat starts to radiate upwards.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with it.

Reply to
BigWallop