Undergrounding Electric Supply update

I posted some while ago to ask advice on behalf of my relative who'd got the leccy board asking him to accept a pole in his garden. (thread was called "undergrounding electricity supply")

After some phoning and a lot of to and froing, I had a long conversation with the wayleave man, and asked him "what will happen to my relative's supply if he refuses to have this new pole?" Nothing, said the man. So I asked a few more searching questions, (!) and he finally let slip that a bloke 4 doors up had withdrawn his permission for the pole now in his garden to stay there, and therefore an alternative site was needed. All the chat about undergrounding the supply was as far as I can see, a red herring. Bloke A says take the pole away, they try to get bloke B to accept it. We said no, politely. The moral is ask every question you can think of, theyre unlikely to be offering something for nothing. Thank you for all your valuable advice. Nat.

Reply to
Nat

You may find they`ll start to offer money now to resite the damn thing if bloke A still wants it off his land - although they may be offering him the money direct to leave it there.

He may find he`s on a loser if his own supply is from that pole, as part of the normal T&Cs is that you expressly grant permission for any equipment necessary to provide you with a supply when it is first put in

- removing the pole would leave him without juice

Reply to
Colin Wilson