Underfloor heating heat transfer paste

I am laying wet underfloor heating in a mill conversion. Upstairs the pipes are laid on 30mm celotex between the joists. There is then an infill of dry(damp)mix around the pipes up to the top of the joists. 20mm T&G oak is then due to be laid on top of that. I was wondering whether the efficiency of heat transfer would be improved by some sort of heat transfer paste between the drymix and the oak. Not seen it discussed before but it is done on a different scale for microprocessor heat sinks. The only product I have seen in a quick look is a silicon paste by uponor.

Anyone know of any other products and whether it is worth the effort? I thought just putting pva down might help?

Regards Bruce

Reply to
BruceB

Our underfloor system has clip on aluminium heat spreaders on the upstairs pipes. They rest on the joists with the channel for the pipe below them. I wouldn't expect any form of heat transfer paste to make any difference, the rate of change of temperature isn't exactly fast.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Exactly. Microconvection to the boards is as good a way to spread the heat as any.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher