Underfloor heating

I'll let you into a secret. Even forced air has a thermostat on the wall. If you want 20C you get it. Amazing!

Reply to
IMM

Air movement does mean a draught at all.

If letterboxes cause a draught, get rid of them and have a proper letter box screwed to the wall outside. These are becoming very popular. And other draughts should be attended. You don't put extra heating in, just eliminate the draught.

Reply to
IMM

That is obvious. Once warmed up, equal to.

Not quite right. Some surfaces reflect radiant heat and may not be warm at all. This is where MRT is confusing. It is merely not just surface temperatures of objects.

< snip misunderstanding of MRT and forced air.

It is not totally complete and reliable.

You haven't a clue soldier boy.

Oh my God. Stop reading those How Things Work books.

So you said/implied.

If UFH sells they will put it in.

Not a plumber soldier boy.

No thanks soldier boy. You don't know enough.

Balls!! It was not!!!

Reply to
IMM

Wrong I have the right attitiude which is not the arse hole one in snotty uni's. I wouldn't be see dead in one.

Reply to
IMM

Oh Andy has just read How Things Work Bokk too.

An Aga. How naff!!!

Reply to
IMM

condensation,

And so concludes our snotty uni man, as he closes his tattered How Things Work book (with real big colour pictures).

Reply to
IMM

No he doesn't. I know you don't believe in physics, but would you like to explain how a person with a normal body temperature of around 37 degrees gains any heat from air at a comfortable temperature of 20 degrees or so?

Reply to
John Armstrong

Lets see If I've got this right, you of indeterminate, indeed if any, education training or experience wish us to believe that you know more than the senior designer from the manufacturers of the equipment installed and a number of qualified experienced heating engineers (two of whom were M Eng Chartered Building Services Engineers, both FCIBSE). These people spent a considerable amount of time working on the installation yet you, who have never seen it, know more about it than they do ?

This seems a bit improbable wouldn't you agree?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Now wherever DID you come up with an idea like that...ah. You used to have one, and now are ashamed to admit it, so project your own sense of inferiority onto others.

Hence the snotty uni stuff.

You must eat the chips stuck on your shoulders sonny.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Using a heat pump attached up his arse?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When did that ever bother IMM?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is the rate of cooling that makes a body comfortable or not. Nothing to do with physics.

Reply to
IMM

It is improbably that a well designed and specified forced air and vent systems is exceptionally bad that is requires ripping out.

Reply to
IMM

You are getting the point.

Reply to
IMM

The old last resort, pull from up the sleeve comment. "chip on the shoulder." get real oh snotty uni one.

Reply to
IMM

Kadulski, also wrote about comfort conditions, "While this may all seem like much ado about nothing, it underlines that this fundamental idea is too complex to define crisply with measurable numbers."

Reply to
IMM

"The physicist's greatest tool is his wastebasket" A. Eins.

Reply to
SC

The body may be a complex biological system but thermoregulation and factors associated with it still depend on principles of physics in order to operate.

Of course in your case this may be different, since you are able to travel through time etc.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction." A. Ein

Reply to
SC

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

Reply to
SC