Underfloor heating

Page 3 of 6
Peter Parry wrote:

When did that ever bother IMM?

It is improbably that a well designed and specified forced air and vent systems is exceptionally bad that is requires ripping out.

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction." A. Ein

and???

... and some of the seed fell on stony ground.....

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Kadulski, also wrote about comfort conditions, "While this may all seem like much ado about nothing, it underlines that this fundamental idea is too complex to define crisply with measurable numbers."

IMM wrote:

hahah. Another educational dropout.
Never mind, when your body temperature reaches 40C I hope the nurse repeats that quote to you.

Did you know Kadulski? Was he a snotty uni drop in? That someone who rejects snotty uniness and comes back to normality.

Note to programmers of the IMMbot. Please decrease the frequency with which the inventNewWords() routine is called. Currently running at close to one non-word per posting, e.g., "uniness" in this example. Continuation at this frequency will eliminate all traces of the illusion that the IMMbot could, in fact, be human.
--
Julian Fowler
Thanks for that Peter

SC wrote:

Yes, you can BUT unless you insulate DOWNWARDS as well, you will lose more heat downwards than upwards if you see what I mean. and also in order to get THROUGH the carpet etc you have to run at a higher floor temperature than e.g. slates or tiles - or even laminate. This reduces the efficiency a fair bit and needs to be thought about in the design.
Ideal is stone, tiles or laminate with thin rugs. Or wood boards. But beware warping! Parquet is probably as good as it gets!
The key is to have the downwards insulation ten timje or more better than teh upwards, so that you only lose 10% downwards. Well thtas a very simplistic view, but serves to illustrate the point.

More or less, some types of flooring don't like the raised temperature but any modern flooring material will state if its suitable for UF heating.

Yes it does - but it isn't a very good one and in practice makes no noticeable difference. We have carpets, tiles and wood on various floors in the house and all work. All have been tested and approved for heat by the cats.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Except an even longer war up period.

IMM wrote:

No. Don't confuse insulation with thermal inertia. Get an education i instead.

Anywhere - as long as you get one.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
IMM wrote:

You lack the attitude or aptitude to get in .

Wrong I have the right attitiude which is not the arse hole one in snotty uni's. I wouldn't be see dead in one.

You are getting the point.

Exactly the same amount of blood, body parts and general combat detritus can be found on the kitchen (tiled) and lounge (carpeted) floors so I doubt this is the case.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

holiday in S Ireland on a farm with stables. A flowerpot with soil sitting on a sunny window had seven kittens piled into it. Every so often one would struggle from the bottom of the heap and pile back on top. V cute.