Under Worktop Child safety Locks

Hello All

In our kitchen we have an island unit with the worktop overhanging the cabinets by about 2" On one side there are three sets of drawers and on the other metal framed (safety) glass doors.

I have fitted child safety locks to all the other cupboards and drawers in the kitchen apart from the three top draws and the three metal framed glass doors.

The problem with the top drawers is that there is no room to fit a traditional safety lock due to the overhanging worktop and the metal framed glass doors don't have enough frame to screw a lock to.

My idea is to fit something to the overhanging underside of the worktop that I can push up to allow the drawer / door to open then push again to block the drawer / door.

My other idea is similar but to use a spring loaded hinge that you push up to open the door then springs back when you close it.

Does anyone know of anyone who sells such things or any other ideas?

Sean

Reply to
ANDREW BORRETT

In message , ANDREW BORRETT writes

Do you actually need to fit lock to all these though (if you do fine, but why make work/expense for yourself.

We have had locks on just one cupboard where cleaning products etc. live, can't see a need to lock everything

Reply to
chris French