Under patio heating

Planning ignored in the UK? The planning mafia comes out for you.

It is when it affects others. Then the government should step in to outlaw conservatories as cheap extensions, as that is what most are. Extra living space, not a place for plants.

If bee keeping affects others then people should not do it. There are laws to prevent nuisance, and they have been improved lately. Good old Tone.

Global warming is an accepted fact by all the world's top scientists.

< snip drivel, as it was getting worse >
Reply to
IMM

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall saying something like:

That'd be the nuts.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Capitol writes

Except where it impacts on others.

It has nothing to do with being resourceful, unless you mean some resourceful person putting an ice pick through your cranium because you have what they want.

We live in a society, which comes with responsibilities

What - compared with the phosphates and other chemicals leeching into water courses?

Not if the gulf stream switches off, which is what is slowly happening at the moment

Reply to
geoff

Mary,

My God! Are things that bad in Yorkshire? ee-by-gum.

Reply to
IMM

Called the Odden Pump. If that happens then the UK will turn into a Siberia type of climate. Yes, global warming will give us a mini ice age. Some reckon the Gulf Stream can switch off in under 10 years. Emigrate now!

Reply to
IMM

I suggest you post this to uk.sci.weather and see what replies you get

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary, correct. They must emigrate.

Reply to
IMM

Emigrate now!

After you....

Oh bugger.... forgot... the internet is global....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes ... a son mailed from the airport this morning. In Australia. Just to say he's coming home - I KNEW that!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Much as pointless emails annoy me almost as much as pointless phone calls, surely you didn't *know* he was coming home today until you got the email - he could've been stuck in traffic and missed his flight...

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Is that what you are going to do when you emigrate?

Reply to
IMM

That would have been a first. He does a lot of air travel and knows how to organise it.

It didn't annoy me though ... it was a follow-on from the comment that internet is global, even for little old boilers like me.

And it's neither here nor there when he comes back (in my other post "home" = England). He lives in Cambridgeshire, I'm in Yorkshire. I shan't be there to have the kettle on. The internet communicaion is the same wherever he is. Q.E.D.

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

flight...

I wasn't aware that I going to emigrate. Are there any other life changing events coming up for me?

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

I inferred from your email you thought it was unnecessary since it didn't actually tell you anything. Mea culpa :-)

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

er - what's that about?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Who are you answering?

Or questioning ...

Despite being a crone I'm not a soothsayer. Don't even know what I'm going to make for tonight's dinner ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

IMM thinks I'm emigrating. I wondered what else he has in store for me. Is there anything happening on the 29th?

Reply to
Neil Jones

Why aren't you emigrating? Changed your mind now? Want to live in an ice age?

Reply to
IMM

Oh - IMM. That's what confused me, sorry. I haven't seen IMM for ages, except in passing ...

As for the 29th (of April?)

Going to see Cyrano at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. And looking forward to it. Cyrano's been a favourite of mine since my schooldays. What a wooer!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher