Under patio heating

Not that long I suspect. And scientists are working on it...and solutions will be available as soon as oil gets more expensive than them.

Nuclear power certainly exists.

With malarial mosquitos.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The consenus was that the sun went round the earth.

Reply to
Neil Jones

Anopheles Blairii

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

OK I didn't mean literally sign on the dotted line.

I didn't suggest any reasons for them keeping quiet. One possibility is the number of cases where global warming deniers have been subject to personal attacks on their character and integrity rather than any attempt at reasoned debate.

As indeed it was capable in the past. The country is now a vastly different place with most wetlands (prime mossie habitat) having being drained. That's another scare I'm personally not worried about.

Please define significant. The data I tend to believe shows that temperatures in the 20th century are nothing special.

The problem is that their are a number of different ways of correcting and none of them agree.

So, do you disagree with the existence of the specific warm and cold periods I cited?

It sure is! One great big uncertainty is whether or not it is caused by human activity.

I never said it was. I'm all in favour of conservation of resources, but lets do it for sound reasons. Conservation is of itself a good enough reason - save some for future generations. Reduction of pollution is another. What I object to is the alarmist nonsense being peddled by some (I'm not saying you're one of them) in the "Global warming" camp.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

Bertie, are they nice to you at the clinic?

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

I can't believe that I go away for a couple of months, come back and you are still spouting the same old crap John, you really do need a new act

Reply to
David

Bertie, so the clinic kept you in for a few months. Or do you have to go back at night?

Reply to
IMM

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (MBQ) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Is this what we should be wearing next winter?

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

ROFLMAO :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You did? At that!!! Wow...

Reply to
IMM

You must use heating cables that are specifically designed for outside. They are higher watts / metre, so the heat penetrates through the brick.

Pedarson Heating can supply either the heating cable or a product called Snowtec, which is designed for use outside.

Peter Richardson