Under patio heating

In message , IMM writes

Bloody hell ...

In total agreement with IMM here

Reply to
geoff

Gosh! I never thought it would happen Maxie. You are learning at last. Keep up the good work.

Reply to
IMM

Who are about Suffolk. It should be allowed to sink.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

No, you just got it right for once

Reply to
geoff

Agree with you totally. And good luck IMM on your forays into the period property forum - hope you can bring some sense where others including me have failed. Some of the people there really are in the Middle Ages and see nothing wrong with wasting energy as long as they waste it authentically.

G&M

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

The world is turned upside down. I'd also regard it as totally wasteful to heat my patio unless...

I was using waste veg oil or wood.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And this prevents global warming how precisely ?

Reply to
G&M

Becuse the waste veg oil and wood come from a source that fixes atmospheric carbon dioxide perhaps?

Blimye. What a thread. Bloody thought police jumping down the mans throat because he wants to waste his money.

Its fine tho for teh council and government to waste our money floodlighting the civic hall etc etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are a one, Maxie.

Reply to
IMM

Or shoring up counties like Suffolk, when the sea should have reclaimed them eons ago.

Reply to
IMM

I agree. If the OP wants to do that, while I don't think it makes much sense, at the end of the day it is his choice.

I don't think that it's appropriate to lambast him. Something about seeing motes in other people's eyes springs to mind.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's the British talent for envy, cant and hypocrisy coming to the fore again!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Where? Telling someone he is doing something very stupid is not envy. I cant see any envy.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

But I see a lack of sense of responsibility on the part of those that think "If I can afford to waste energy, it's OK"

We're heading towards a potential energy crisis and runaway global warming and the ostriches bury their head in the sand and think it's not their problem

Reply to
geoff

Many people with money like to show it off. They have a house far too large for their needs, expensive impractical cars and let people know they can waste energy. Luckily people now do not sneer the first two, but rightly sneer the latter. They tend to be not very bright, just happened to have made a lot of money somehow, and still have this tiny minded attitude of: if I have the money I can waste it if I like. They can waste it all they like as far as most are concerned, and spending it is a good thing for the economy, except where it impacts on the rest of society.

Reply to
IMM

Are you saying two wrongs make a right?

Reply to
IMM

geoff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com:

And NHS hospitals allow televisions that can't be switched off! How much does that waste? (Add costs of a/c in summer.)

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

True, I see you doing stupid things all the tome, but I don't eny you for it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

well, it is.

No, youy simply raise the price of energy till its everybodies problem.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

er..spending it to increase the economy does impact teh rest of society..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher