Under-counter bathroom basin fixing

Hello,

I am planning a new bathroom granite worktop with oval ceramic basin mounte d beneath.

One basin supplier (Clickbasin) says the way to fix the basin is to glue it to the under side of the granite and support with 'builders fixing straps' .

There is a youtube video showing a fixing method using special clips which fit into slots cut into the granite and holding onto flats ground into the rim of the basin.

A granite supplier says the above method would invalidate the warranty on t he basin, with there being a risk of cracking due to thermal gradients with a basin of hot water. He recommends a support frame built into the vanity unit under the basin. This might not be straightforward, but is the option I like best, I think.

Has anyone been down this road and can share any advice?

Cheers.

Chris

Reply to
cskrimshire

yes, and that's the way to do it. get the basin or in my case sink supported on whatever using silicone to fill any gaps..you can use car body filler but its rather permanent

Then support the stone over the basin and again use silicone to seal it

stone needs to be supported and its not very structural low tensile strength and very inelastic.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher