Unashamedly O.T. !

This afternoon, I caught "The Great St Trinians Train Robbery" from 1965 on ITV. What a brilliant 'feel good' film, full of all the best of British actors, including Frankie Howerd, Reg Varney, Dora Bryan, Arthur Mullard, and of course, George Cole, who later went on to become Arthur Daley in "Minder", and the inspiration for my nic.

Ah ! Reflections of gentler times ... :-)

Weren't companies like British Lion good at this sort of thing ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

In message , Arfa Daily writes

I can hear the squeak squeak squeaking of the teachers going backwards & forwards along the track as I type!!! :-)

Reply to
usenet2013xxa

There was a proggy about schools in films on one of the kiddies thannels this evening before it shut down and some of those films were mentioned. One assumes the modern remakes are more explicit and raunchier, but its odd that this format seems to have survived.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You forgot the wonderful Alastair Sim.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Films from those days do seem to be more amusing and less frenetic than later ones. I've watched Swallows and Amazons 2 or 3 times, just because it's full of fun and gently humorous.

Reply to
PeterC

That film is unusual in that it stuck very closely to the book. Not often possible, but the book just made a very good film script!

Reply to
Bob Eager