Unable to fit roller-blind bracket due to cavity

Advice needed!

I'm trying to fix a small roller-blind bracket to the inside-edge of our kitchen window - but there's only plaster, and the cavity wall insulation behind! :o(

I guess the builders should have put plasterboard there in the first place...

I've tried filling the gap with expanding foam, but the rawl plugs just end-up spinning around inside the foam.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Cheers, Ben

Reply to
ben.roebuck

Fit right angle brackets on the window itself

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Chop a hole in the foam, whack in a load of Polyfilla type stuff, then carefully set the wall plugs in position while it's still soft.

Reply to
Rob Morley