Ultrasonic Parking Sensor

On Tue, 25 May 2004 16:27:14 +0100, "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" strung together this:

Thankyou, first sensible post for a while!

Reply to
Lurch

Because I know all the answers.

Reply to
IMM

It's just a pity that 99.999EEEEE percent of them are wrong!.....

Reply to
Jerry.

Indeed. If only you had a way of matching them to the questions.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Odd. I've bought a few since the new rules and always been asked for documentation. The fact that the docs aren't in my name doesn't seem to matter, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Having trouble with the van, then, John? ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Bit like a remote control for the telly really. Logically either you can walk competently (in which case you don't need one) or you can't, in which case you need to use the remote.

Using the remote and being able to walk is just lazy. (Unless of course you can reach the telly.)

Typical marketing gizmo. Sheesh... Never catch on.

Reply to
Scott

Not a good comparison, as operating menu options have increased you would either need many more buttons on the set (and with the marketing people wanting ever smaller products that is not good news) or a menu tree like exploring a computer hard drive from the root IYSWIM.

The simple solution *is* to place the menu control buttons onto a hand-held remote.

Reply to
Jerry.

Must be me eyes getting old, I can't see round corners anymore ...

Mind you if you'd been paying attention earlier you might have guessed I was thinking of it for SWMBO as an alternative to the reverse-until-you-hit-something-then-forward-a-bit parking algorithm :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Damn right, they are a lunatic, constant, drain on the pocket. I'm not sure why I keep it - apart from the lovely sound of a V8 with a tuned exhaust!

R :-)

Reply to
Richard Savage

I don't think people want ever-smaller televisions, do they? Quite the opposite, in my experience.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

The engineers do want ever few buttons, though, even on big televisions. Most TVs now only have volume, power and channel up/down on the box. And it takes about 3 minutes to find a channel on my NTL box when the remote is lost. There's about 2-300 to cycle through.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Make that accountants. Software is cheaper in mass production.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

televisions.

That may be so, but surely it's not connected to making the thing smaller.

Reply to
Neil Jones

On Thu, 27 May 2004 09:47:34 +0100, "Neil Jones" strung together this:

I'm glad they make extremely small televisions, I can't see me fitting a 1/2 ton pile of valves in the dashboard of my van. I can however fit a small 6" TFT motorized monitor in!

Reply to
Lurch

What's your registration and address again? ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I doubt that in a few years you'll be pleased to be able to replace it with a 1" version, though :-)

Reply to
Neil Jones

On Thu, 27 May 2004 13:58:06 +0100, "Neil Jones" strung together this:

In a few years it'll be a retina implant so the smaller the better!

Reply to
Lurch

On Thu, 27 May 2004 13:48:03 +0100, "Christian McArdle" strung together this:

It's ... Hang on, you nearly had me then! You''ll have to try harder! ;-)

Reply to
Lurch

Just as long as it's not running a MS 'operating' system - imagine having to restart your eyes every time they hang.

Reply to
Neil Jones