UKTV are re-launching UKTV Style as Home

Wouldn't most unusual projects have a disaster or two?

He certainly likes to point out that thinking you know more about project management than a pro is fraught with danger.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tell me about it. I get paid quite well when working - but nothing at all when not. Of course a 'headline' in a paper would give the annual amount if working 24/7 - rather like they did with plumbers a couple of years ago.

And since I mainly work for ITV I'm looking at a lean year ahead.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think that a lot of it is down to the producer. There was an episode of DIY SOS where they deconstructed their own style somewhat, and the important term is" jeopardy". You can't go into the adverts without it. ;-)

"I'm a bit concerned about this post - is it sufficiently well-crafted to make its point without professional editing? Only time will tell."

Ident

Adverts

Ident

Lengthy recap

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

If they would stop doing the latter, it would be a constructive contribution to at least maintaining viewing figures. As soon as I've seen one episode of whatever that has this feature, I do not watch another! There's not much TV that I can watch!

Reply to
Clot

A PVR is worth its weight in gold for this purpose - it can save hours.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Not as bad as the "New Series" of "one hour" programmes that consist of 40 mins repeat, 5 mins new footage "revisiting" and 15mins advertising.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Avoided at all costs!

Reply to
Clot

I must get one of those widgets.

Reply to
Clot

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Man at B&Q" saying something like:

When GD does that, I just watch the last ten minutes of it, assuming it's a project house I was interested in from seeing it first time round.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon