UK source of 8-10mm O/d plastic pipe?

Hi

Can anybody suggest a source of 8-10mm plastic pipe for me? I only need at max 1m.

It's for an underfloor heating system going in to my house - a temperature probe must be embedded inside the floor, inside a plastic pipe. I have max of 10mm depth for this.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

================== Just for starters.....:

look for a home brew shop near you. It depends on how durable you need it to be.

Also, if it can be *flexible* then buy a length cut to size from Halfords or almost any car accessory shop.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

8mm and 10mm are standard sizes for plastic plumbing pipe. The problem would be getting short enough lengths of it. It's usually sold on huge reels, but you could ask plumbers or plumber's merchants for offcuts if you don't want 25m of it!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Fuel tubing probably. Any place that sells spares for e.g. motorbikes and so on.

Or a model shop that sells engines etc for models,.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've seen 2 or 3 metre lengths of thin plastic water pipe in Wickes, although I wouldn't swear it was as thin as 8-10mm.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Would flexible polythene tubing do? If so, the larger B&Qs sell it by the metre in various diameters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most manufacturers let you buy 2m or 3m lengths of 15mm, but nothing smaller. There might be an exception, however, or a supplier willing to sell cut lengths from a reel.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks for the suggestions.

It needs to be solid plastic pipe, no greater than 10mm, which seems to limit things somewhat.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

=============== If you can replace it occasionally then the 'home brew' pipe I suggested should be OK.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

It's not practical to do that unfortunately. It's an underfloor heating probe which gets burried in the adhesive under the ceramic tiles.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

The 10mm PEX plumbing pipe is probably what you want, but as I suggested, getting small lengths may be difficult.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Ah. Model shop then. Good one that does model railway stuff. You can get polystyrene pipe up to about 12mm diameter I think. I made a really nice pair of vickers machine guns out of some of that and some corrugated plastic for a small plane..

Another possibility is yellow pages and look for plastic suppliers. Wander down and blag an offcut.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the suggestions.

I picked up some 15mm plastic plumbing pipe this w/e. With 5mm adhesive (x2) + 9mm board and underfloor heating webbing, this should work.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc