Uk outdoor DIYers

Been working on a project in the garden this week despite the weather. Problem is with all the rain we have been getting this month it is a bit chancy to use power tools outside, not really keen on electric shocks! The method I use is to install Meteox,

Google Earth, this updates every 15 mains, refresh google if need be. This way I can check and see the rain that is heading my way and work around it when I want to use power.

Reply to
Corporal Jones

Ta - looks like this could be v helpful. Have just had the day from hell when - late pm - "light showers" according to the BBC weather forecast (which yesterday were indeed that) turned into a tropical downpour. Bang went my newly-glossed exterior woodwork and masonry-painted surrounding wall. Never mind - only took me two hours to hose all the dilute paint off the conservatory glass roof below.

Reply to
rrh

.

Thank you for the tip. That's a great acquisition.

Reply to
Ariadne

Like the fact that most of Scotland is not part of Great Britain anymore .................. :-)

(Click on the Great Britain link under the map)

-- Mark BR

Reply to
Mark BR

I use a PVC Gazebo from B&Q !

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

.

I use Met Office 'Rainfall Radar', not quite so timely but does the job and the rainfall animation is handy:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C ukdiy