UK appliances in Spain

SECAM = Systeme Essentialement Contraire les AMericains ;-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

This is only going to be a problem with local off-air signals though, obviously it makes no difference if the source is from the scart socket of a Sky box or DVD ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

I heard System Essentially Contrary to the American Method

While we're doing old jokes, might as well finish it off;

NTSC = Never Twice the Same Colour

PAL = Pictures (or Perfection) At Last.

Reply to
Huge

What?? Do you mean their work isn't subject to their equivalent of Part P - Surely not?

Reply to
John

Of course it is. The payment to the relevant local authority person is a licence fee for the inspection.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Yes, I realised aftre I had posetd about teh subcarrier issue - had a portable telly that only did pictures in Blegiuem once.

The solution is to go digital, and simply buy whatever DVD or set top box works, in the region where you want it to work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So who would this be - the local Spanish mayor?

Reply to
John

In message , Peter Parry wrote

Which can be undertaken before the work is started :)

Reply to
Alan

I thought they usually employed a more menial servant to carry out the inspection by holding a hand out and looking at the sky while whistling gently :-)

Reply to
Peter Parry

"Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Here's the list of world TV standards