uPVC Cladding - insulation/breathable membrane underneath?

Hi, I need to replace some old cladding (a 1.8m wide section which runs up the height of the house, in line with ground and first floor windows). The house is early 70's with concrete block internal leaf and (apart from where the cladding is) brick external cavity walls.

I'm faily sure that ATM there is no insulation under the existing cavity. My question is when I replace should I install insulation and secondly should I back the cladding with some sort of vapour permeable membrane.

Any suggestions for tidying up the cladding under the window cills would also be appreciated (one currently has lead flashing and the other a piece of ply) Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim Ingram