Tyre pumps

Having said I couldnt see any sense in the little electric ones, I now want one :) Not for tyres, but for blowing up lots of balloons.

Aldi do £6 electric ones, but are they able to inflate 50 baloons without frying themselves? Even if they do, how long could one expect them to last ? I presume the answer isn't good. They also do large high capacity (3l) low pressure footpumps, of the step o n a bag type. Are these effective for balloons?

thanks NT

Reply to
meow2222

Better to get an airbed inflator. About 4 quid online.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Have they got any faster? Years ago we bought one for an inflatable dinghy. It was so slow it was a p.i.t.a. . The constant buzz was very annoying

Reply to
fred

I found it a good deal faster than a tyre pump....

Reply to
Bob Eager

I tried to blow up balloons with one of these a couple of weeks ago.

It couldn't overcome the back pressure from the balloon, so I ended up ditching all technology and just blowing.

Bill

Yes, that initial start to inflate pressure is surprisingly high. I'm not surprised that a air bed inflator couldn't cope, they are high volume/low pressure devices. A tyre pump will do the pressure but will take an age to inflate a ballon as they are low volume/high pressure.

The hand held ballon inflators are designed for job, easy to hold the ballon on the nozzle, lots of volume, pressure controlled by the most sophisticated computer known.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sounds like none of the Aldi offerings will do it then. I'll look at a balloon pump. Thanks folks.

NT

Reply to
meow2222