Typical gas consumption (in kWh)

I realize this is probably a "how long is a piece of string" question but are there any estimates around concerning how much gas would be consumed in a small terraced house, only one person resident, with just a gas boiler for CH and HW being run from a timer for say three hours per day in total ?

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

Try one of the "energy provider" comparison sites. Not sure if it'll help, but ISTR some (energyhelpline??) allow you to put in house and occupant details (nothing specific to you bar a postcode, which could be a nearby one) without entering an amount. An estimated bill for various providers is given, from which you could work out consumption. Google gas electricity price compare, or similar.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

CHESS 2005

has tables of reference energy consumptions which may help. Table 1 on page 8 applies. However the CHESS reference may not be the same length as your particular piece of string.

Reply to
John Phillips

Ballpark 10kW.

You can calculate the heat requirement of your house from the online calculators I posted links to yesterday in response to Ed's message about the choosing a boiler FAQ.

Reply to
John Stumbles