Two way switch problem

One of my switches on the staircase lighting was upside down, I turned it round the other night and now the one at the other end of the stairs has somehow got itself upside down, whats going on?

Reply to
Ian

This one's already been done ages ago.

Reply to
Snowman

Is this a windup? :-) Two way switches work like that. Normally if they're both up or both down the light is off. Anything else and the light will be on.

Reply to
BillR

I also put four pullswitches in series in the kids bedroom, I think I have managed to get the lights on once in four months.

Reply to
Ian

Reality is inverted today. Normal reality will be resumed shortly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I suppose we have to put up with the odd comedian in this NG!

But where does comedy become troll?

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Take the bulb out and turn it through 180 degrees and put it back in, problem solved.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Vowles

surely then the light will be shining the wrong way?

Reply to
Richard

Check the fine print on the back of the switch. I think you might find you've got a switch manufactured in Australia. Best to avoid those if at all possible - they do cause this sort of problem and can be a damn nuisance for the unwary.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Swap if for a Lamp bulb?

Reply to
Chris Vowles

You're using switches designed for DC. AC goes on and off 100 times a second, so you've a better chance of hitting the right place.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

On an Australian pullswitch does the cord hang up.

Reply to
Richard

Sounds like the solenoid that flips the upstairs switch when you use the downstairs switch has packed up. Try re-booting (kicking it twice).

HTH

Pete

Reply to
PM

I have never understood why you would want a switch downstairs when you are upstairs and likewise why you would want a switch upstairs when you are downstairs, it seems to me that at any given time one switch is useless.

Reply to
Richard

But bulb lamps are cheaper, aren't they ?

Reply to
BigWallop

Is a bulb lamp something one uses to dig daffodils at night.

Reply to
Richard

When you cease to laugh and satrt getting annoyed?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All the time.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So true, when you can have a switch in your pocket all the time, and save all that expnse of getting it wired up to anything.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mo, its somethimg yer granny had to examine the inside of her douche...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher