Two way switch problem

Page 1 of 2
One of my switches on the staircase lighting was upside down, I turned it round the other night and now the one at the other end of the stairs has somehow got itself upside down, whats going on?

Ian wrote:

Two way switches work like that. Normally if they're both up or both down the light is off. Anything else and the light will be on.

I also put four pullswitches in series in the kids bedroom, I think I have managed to get the lights on once in four months.

Well, I suppose we have to put up with the odd comedian in this NG!
But where does comedy become troll?
Roger
Roger Mills wrote:

When you cease to laugh and satrt getting annoyed?

mike r
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:28:00 +0100, "Roger Mills"

At the point of contact with a body bearing the legend "intellect only"?
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Which odd comedian are you referring to?
There's hundreds
mike r

I'm odd, but I ain't no comedian. :-))
Ian wrote:

Reality is inverted today. Normal reality will be resumed shortly.

Take the bulb out and turn it through 180 degrees and put it back in, problem solved.
Chris
message

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:13:56 +0100, "Richard"

message

But bulb lamps are cheaper, aren't they ?
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Is a bulb lamp something one uses to dig daffodils at night.
Richard wrote:

Mo, its somethimg yer granny had to examine the inside of her douche...

Check the fine print on the back of the switch. I think you might find you've got a switch manufactured in Australia. Best to avoid those if at all possible - they do cause this sort of problem and can be a damn nuisance for the unwary.
PoP

On an Australian pullswitch does the cord hang up.
Richard wrote:

All the time.