Two room flat

I wondered about Haringey and Harringay too - and I'm a Nrothrener so completely illiterate with no knowledge of the S**th.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yeah, I don't really care either ;-)

Once you get inside the M25 it's all just urban splurge anyway...

Reply to
PCPaul

It's a long time since I did that, it's something to avoid :-(

But some live there and like it so who are we to judge?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's Tottenham regardless of the post people. It's also in the LB of Haringey.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Also much of Highgate, Muswell Hill, Crouch End, Wood Green, Bounds Green, Finsbury Park and The last 1/3 of my garden.

They borough is spelt Haringey. The area south of Wood Green and North Of Finsburg Park is Harringay.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

That's not a really really bad area. There must be some really big reason for a basic bedsitting flat being less than 100k.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

N22 is Wood Green, N17 is Tottenham, N15 is South Tottenham.

The N post codes are alphabetical from N1 (Angel) Islington to N22 Wood Green.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ed Sirett saying something like:

"Just got back from 'Nam"

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You may know that,

but someone who doesn't know the area has to go by what the postal address is, they have no other way of telling

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Ok you got me on that one If the Broadwater farm est area is only rated as bad, I cant think anywhere else in London which could be called a "Really Really" bad area.

Sale is By Order of a housing association, so yes odd.

-
Reply to
Mark

Firstly, Broadwater Farm has improved a bit in the last 27 years.

Why not use upmystreet.com to find out about a particular area.

Which gives a profile better than I expected for N17 6TH

Neighbourhood profile

Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be singles and sharers living in multi-ethnic areas. These are known as type

21 in the ACORN classification and 1.68% of the UK?s population live in this type.

Neighbourhoods fitting this profile are mainly found in Inner London and Outer Metropolitan areas such as Croydon, Harrow, Southall and Ilford.

Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood: Family income Medium Interest in current affairs High Housing - with mortgage Medium Educated - to degree High Couples with children Medium Have satellite TV Low

A not so good area quite nearby might be Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood: Family income Low Interest in current affairs Very high Housing - with mortgage Very low Educated - to degree Medium Couples with children Medium Have satellite TV Low

which is the profile for a part of Broadwater Farm Estate

That accounts for the weird price, the HA wants to sell it presumably as part of a repo deal? Shared equity scheme?

Normally 1 bed flats go for about £140k and falling bedsits perhaps about 100k and falling.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

A post code can be put into Streetmap.co.uk or Google Earth... to see where it is.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

We still hold a few commercial freeholds in/around The High St, N17. In fact quite a large area around what is now Broadwater Farm and Peabody Est was built by my Great Grandfather's firm in conjunction with British Land.

-
Reply to
Mark