Two dogs and leads

Older brother is nine, easy going and very laid back/obedient. Sister is well, very giddy, much more headstrong, half his size and still very much learning.

Up to recently and when out, I have walked them on separate leads, but with the hand end fastened together, so I can hold them single handed - which means they tangle themselves up and often me too.

Yesterday, I got the bright idea to try hooking one lead onto the end of the other, making a double length lead, then passing the metal catch straight through the hook on her coller, on and through to his coller. The pair now walk side by side, with much less tangle and if she stops she just slides back along the lead to me. This is in the country, with no one about. I'm just wondering whether this might also work in busier environments? Both are inclined to go for other dogs, if they prove nasty towards them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You often find dogs on leads feel trapped and hen ce unpedictable. I don't know the current law regarding muzzling. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

Look up brace leads

Reply to
bert

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Nor do most people as it's just changed as a knee jerk reaction to the Dangerous Dogs Act which was criticised as being a knee jerk reaction to....

Reply to
bert

Fairly common is twin dog link ... 2 snap clips each on a short piece of webbing attached to a 50mm ring ... lead is attached to ring each snap slip attached to dog collar ... keeps them about 16" apart and no leads to twist.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I think it's the owners of certain dog breeds than need to wear the muzzle... and be neutered :)

Reply to
Gazz

I always thought that you were rather childish - what's the age gap?

Reply to
Francis

and/or put down instead of their dogs. well those that train dogs to street fight.

Reply to
whisky-dave