TV unit maximum weight

I am looking for a long tv unit that I can put my tv and fish tank on. I think the weights are approx 40-50kg and 70-80 kg respectively.

I have found one particular item I like:

the total weight is over the maximum load advertised. Aside from the water/electricity danger (which I will be extra careful about) is it ok to have my items 'slightly' over the maximum load?

Reply to
AmyGG

This isn't slightly over the 100kg limit of the TV bench - 130kg is quite a bit over.

Ask the manufacturer and see whether they say that it's OK to exceed their specification.

Write to your home contents insurer and ask them for confirmation as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall