TV Reception problem

Good idea. I'll dig out my shortwave receiver and have a listen.

Reply to
slinky

The immediate neighbours all use soley Sky.

Another thing worth checking. I can see that a street lamp might cause interference when it fires up, I can also see that it could cause continuous interference. This interference, however, seems to last for roughly two hours then stop as quickly as it started.

slinky

Reply to
slinky

Check with any other TV in the house..

Does it do it on Long and Medium wave and VHF. Any of the neighbours affected?, check to see they aren't using Sky TV!.

Any unusual aerials gone up near you of late?..

And where is this channel 6 transmitter for that to need to be filtered off it must be quite close as their quite low ERP usually thats why they usually fail!...

And what transmitter are you using, a main one or a small relay?..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Frank Erskine scribeth thus

I'm surprised at you believing all the digital "interference free" hype its a vary fragile signal T-DTV;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Hi

I get my telly from Rowridge...the channel 6 Tx is at millbrook but hits us at a very high ERP compared to Rowridge.

despite the fact Rowridge is horizontally polarised and Millbrook vertically polarized I had to use a filter to eliminate millbrook..

Reply to
slinky

Sorry, had a "my lights were on but nobody home" moment...

This post was fueled by Whisky so there's no telling what's gonna happen when I hit the send button...

Reply to
Adrian C

If you can't get any further with this I reckon you ought call Ofcom in that is if your sure that these nothing else on your premises thats capable of it!..

Reply to
tony sayer

We had a diverter valve cause exactly this problem in our previous house. Have you tried shutting your heating system down?

Steve

Reply to
stevelup