TV Power

Hello All

Just finished mounting my new LCD screen in the kitchen and have the power/coax running up through the ceiling and under the floorboards to the office where the power for the TV is plugged into an extension lead and the coax carrys on into the loft box. This is temp arrangement until we redo the office. My question is what would be the best way to wire the TV power, I was thinking maybe I could break the ring main and install another socket under the floorboards upstairs but I'm not sure if this is allowed by the regs or not? Alternatively I could spur from an existing socket upstairs and utilise a FCU and wire the TV in permanently.

Does anyone have any better ideas. I cannot route the cable anywhere in the kitchen, already investigated that one.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

In message , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com writes

You need to have means of isolating the TV near the TV - upstairs under the floor isn't very handy now is it.

That's the idea. Spur from the ring main, either at socket, or by breaking into the ring with a junction box. Run the cbale back down into the kitchen, put and FCU or socket handy for the TV and connect it to that. I'd label it to make clear it isn't on the same circuit as the kitchen sockets

Reply to
chris French

Thanks Chris, why on earth didn't I think of running the cable back down!!! I'm just having a blonde moment.......

Cheers

Richard..

Reply to
r.rain