TV over ethernet

There are several video over CAT5 solutions ... but you would need a TV card at one end.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Umm .. what about signal radiated off the CAT 5 being picked up by the aerial?..

Reply to
tony sayer

If you are asking whether a UHF signal will physically travel over one of the twisted pairs in a cat 6 cable then yes it will. You need a good signal though. I achieved it over cat 5e cable a few years ago when I wanted to send the tv signal to my computer in the study without having to run additional cables. The tv signal was already in the cellar and there were already spare cat5 cables going to the study an I did not want to affect decoration.

Will not successfully traverse a network switch though!

Reply to
BruceB