TV in kitchen - regs?

Thanks; I'll investigate.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

This chap looks like he's doing something interesting:

GPIO controlled so an arduino / raspi could be linked in?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Bullshit.

Huge

$1100!!!!

Reply to
Huge

I'm sure there are lots of ready made solutions - at a price. Mine does exactly what I wanted it to, and didn't cost a fortune. But then I did build the custom bits myself. And if you do design and build something yourself it is usually easy to extend it later if needed. Unlike a commercial solution which will be obsolete quickly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's available for a good deal less than that.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Surprisingly, that doesn't appear to be the case. So far I've found only one, the Monoprice package I mentioned earlier.

And perhaps I should apologise for saying this on a group that's ostensibly devoted to DIY but I wouldn't object to paying for a commercial product that could do the job, especially if I couldn't achieve as neat and efficient a method myself.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

I've looked at a few out of interest over the years and some do pretty well what I want. But involve using *only* their products like amps etc linked to their controllers.

Of course many will want and pay for some sort of wireless solution. Simply for the convenience of this - regardless of the actual performance. Exactly the same as wireless doorbells. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Some people use many pans when making something fancy and boiling stuff seperately.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

On the whole I would always prefer a wired connection to a wireless one. As with putting one's CDs and DVDs onto hard disk, bringing in an extra layer of technology seems to me to be a good way of increasing the chances of something going wrong.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

"Some people", exactly. Not all. And, these days, I rather suspect, fewer and fewer. Personally, I rarely cook anything from scratch, fancy or otherwise.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Yes I am lazy also, but a lot of people cook properly.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Oh I do, but its rare to have more than 2 rings on the go.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Go custom.

Pull one apart and mount it either in the door of a microwave or fridge.

Hell, go touch sensitive and make it a computer monitor with a skype webcam. Stare at someone longingly while waiting for the pasta to cook.

(Nope, they might think ya weird, sickening for something. Er, Food...)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz