TV fault

My wife announced she had switched off the TV because she couldn't get any channel through the Cable Set Top box.

I switched it on and got the Blue screen - but with greenish corners. I rebooted the set top box and got a picture - but a bit dull and smudged colours in the corners. Wife said the lights had flickered whilst she was upstairs - nothing has tripped and the PC is ok. Could there have been a surge? TV now off hoping that if it cools down the de-gauss will clear up the problem.

The TV is a JVC 28" wide screen.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
john

Sounds more like a problem with the set-top box than with the TV. What happens when you tune to TV to a normal terrestrial channel!

Reply to
Set Square

It is ok now. Must have been power related.

Reply to
john

No must be wife related. Not worth mending just get a new one.

Reply to
Simon