TV Drugs raid - how not to open a door

Anyone see the police smashing their way (well, trying to) into a suspect drug dealer's house? On TV tonight. As far as I could see, the door opened OUT, and their efforts to get in with their ram (or is it called a 'tup') were wasted. A lever/crowbar would have been more effective. In the event, it appears that they ruined the lock and the householder had to open the garage door to let them in.

Made for TV?

Reply to
BAH

I will bear this in mind next time I fit a door.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I doubt it. If you had a line of business that may attract the attention of the heavy mob I think you'd take some precautions in slowing them down.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , BAH writes

Much more exciting in real life

I sat on a wall by the "Police do not cross" line camera in one hand, beer in the other watching it happen - who said that Watford is boring?

Reply to
geoff

They should have asked 'The Bill'. Never any trouble smashing a door in there...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Haha, I saw that too and thought it was a joke. Missed the rest though :(

Reply to
Dazed

You can always tell when they are guilty: They are the ones on council estates with burglar alarms and no jobs. Big timers have roller shutters on their doors. And total winkers wear body armour.

Saddoes.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

IIRC old Frank Burnside was a champion door smasher.

Reply to
Doctor D.

They ended up shouting through the letter box "can you open the door please?" and then the suspect had to open the garage door because he couldn't get the key to turn (probably because the nit with the "Enforcer" had damaged the lock). Then a beer-bellied man appeared at the garage door wearing only a hideously small pair of underpants .

Reply to
Steve Firth