Classic!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

We had a bit of bother with this

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You'll get all this done and the old trout will get the monk on about something and bugger off home.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Lovely neat installation..

But was that really the best direction?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I would consider that lucky. In the last 4 weeks I have had the unpleasantness of seeing bloody Hollyoaks, bloody EastEnders, bloody Emmerdale and bloodly Coronation bloody Street. What a load of bollocks that lot is.

Reply to
ARW

Just enough spare cable to make a nice noose for the MiL. Nice

Reply to
ARW

My god. That is truly bad Karma. Have you been torturing kittens or something?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No-one could be that lucky, in any case the telly feed to the new room will drown out any wailings. Not sure how this works exactly but when you're posting in uk.d-i-y I always turn the TV volume up :-)

Reply to
fred

In article , ARW writes

Bugger, I went for copper when I should have recommended CCS . . . . .

Reply to
fred

Yes, up in the air at that angle. The polarisation was all over the place and the strength of the different channels varied widely. I think we were picking up stray reflections from things near the radiating elements.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

bloody

Naw, the fiance has moved in ...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Soaps are just a complete load of bollox.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah!, was looking for that pix, prolly might have been interesting to "sigh"t another along the axis of the aerial;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

As she was very frail we opted for the hospital transport to deliver her to us. They promptly delivered her to her old home. She has a student living there, who explained that this was the wrong address, but the driver simply said "this is not a taxi service, you know". What a complete jobsworth! So, that was completely bungled.

Unfortunately, my dear wife went and got her.

Reply to
GB

She does not watch that shit and she has not moved in with me.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Presumably the apprentice?

Reply to
chris French

It's not too late............... :-}

Reply to
Windmill

It's our Golden Wedding Anniversary next year. We wouldn't have lasted half as long without our own TV in our own room.

Reply to
Bob Martin

In message , Bob Martin writes

Three years to go here but we have separate *viewing* areas to cater for different interests. She gets involved in competitive culinary shows/singing/dancing which are restricted to the *leisure complex*:-) I hog the lounge TV unless a child happens to be home when I retreat to the office or kitchen. There are other TVs in bedrooms so never a huge issue.

Amplifier/splitter in loft dating from analogue days so plenty of signal.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Agreed. They're all banned in my household. Not that anyone has expressed a desire to watch one. However my son was once given homework that required a small knowledge of soaps IIRC.

Reply to
Mark