TV Booster, picture fuzzy.

Ah OK, Belmont's 4 main channels are 22 to 32, Waltham's are 54 to 64, however Channel 5 is on Ch 56 from Belmont and Ch 35 from Waltham, so you'll have to lose Belmont C5 which lands in the middle of Waltham's main four.

Your best bet is to use C5 from Waltham, and find a combiner with a cross over at Ch 33 or 34, but that's rather tight.

As suggested Aerial Techniques in Bournemouth are a good bet, 01202 423555

gets even messier if you consider DTT (aka Freeview). Is there anything regional on YTV or Central these days that makes reception of both channels so important ? (serious question)

Reply to
Mark Carver

Not really to be honest, but I've always had both at my previous addresses, and like the choice of the two differant BBC and ITV regoinal news programmes.

Reply to
Dark Angel

How about the antiferance UHF34-37 combiner listed on this page?

that do the trick?

Reply to
Dark Angel

Get freesat you then have the choice of all the BBC regional and national variations for free along with all ITV1 regions (requires a card =A320/3yrs). B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sadly not, C5 from Waltham on Ch 35 is in the crossover (34-37) where both inputs are filtered. You'd get nothing for C5 I'm afraid.

You need to find one that's (21-32)/(34-68)

Reply to
Mark Carver

But, you could use a UF3134; that would chop out C4 Belmont on Ch 32, but pass C5 Waltham on its 'high' input. You'd only get one version of C4 just from Waltham, but that wouldn't matter.

Howzat ? :-)

Reply to
Mark Carver

Not sure of the present arrangement but Belmont C5 used to be at a much lower power than the other channels - IIRC 500kW on the main four and something like 50kW for C5.

Reply to
Matt

Still is. For C5 Waltham's a better bet, it's the same power as the other four, 250kW

Reply to
Mark Carver

running?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

not send you a picture of my installation!

:-)

Reply to
Dark Angel

Thanks for that, incidentally I've discovered a few more things this evening. Firstly, one of the reasons for the poor reception in the living room was because I'd had to extend the cable in the loft coming from the socket. When I re-examined the connections I found part of the inner core had 'snapped' after putting the co-ax plug on, so proper contact was not being made.

Also, when I first checked the picture for clarity after putting them up, I obviously checked the ariels one ariel at a time. Picture is clear when the aeriels are viewed seperately, but combined via a Y-splitter (as mentioned elsewhere) is when the fuzziness occurs. Having sorted these issues out, the picture isn't half bad now, though not actually crytsal, so I'm halfway there in solving the problem thanks to all your help.

Will try one of those masthead combiners and see if that finally does the trick.

Incidentally, how come you're supposed to use a "dummy plug" in the 'full output' socket of these boosters if not being used? Just a thought!

Reply to
Dark Angel

Do'h!!!!

Disregard that last post, I was getting confused with the link somebody posted to

.

Reply to
Dark Angel

Works OK for me on Firefox V1.05 and IE V6.0, (once the silly animation has completed) but there's only a fraction of their range listed on it. Better to ring them I think.

Reply to
Mark Carver

In article , Dark Angel writes

The ones pointed to by Mark Carver are certainly cheaper than I had imagined but I hope your channels fit into their 'cuts'. Bear in mind you'll lose some channels at the crossover point, they're not perfect.

Sounds like they're asking you to put a (75ohm) terminated plug in the main output, that's what a TV would present, which I imagine keeps the internal signals levels of the amp right.

Reply to
fred

Ah - that probably explains it. Didn't get the animation and didn't wait any time to see if anything happened later. Why do people think you need such crap on business sites?

I haven't used them for ages, but they were always extremely helpful on the phone as you got to speak to the organ grinder rather than a monkey.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Triax combiner TMC3335 in stock.

Stops the amplifier going unstable, working into no load.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:11:07 +0100,it is alleged that "Dave Plowman (News)" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

The entire site's shockwave. This would probably explain it. (Relatively inoffensive shockwave mindyou, but still shockwave).

Reply to
Chip

How much including delivery?

Reply to
Dark Angel

So that the amplifier output is properly terminated. If you don't then there could be signal reflections, instability of the amplifier etc. which will not improve results.

Reply to
Andy Hall

£15.00

It combines 21 to 33 with 35 to 68, with a "hole" at channel 34.