TV ariels in flats

Hi,
I'm in the process of converting a large house in to three flats and need to know how to go about fitting the TV ariel (which will be roof mounted).
Do I need three seperate ariels, or just one with some kind of split cabling and booster system?
An explanation/drawing of how the cabling works if it is the latter would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance, Chris

Repost in uk.tech.digital-tv and you'll be inundated by Bill Wright!
--
Woody

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com
Woody wrote:

Check out Bill's very good web site as well:
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv /
--
Cheers,

John.

"ChrisD" wrote | I'm in the process of converting a large house in to three flats | and need to know how to go about fitting the TV ariel (which will | be roof mounted). | Do I need three seperate ariels, or just one with some kind of | split cabling and booster system? | An explanation/drawing of how the cabling works if it is the | latter would be very helpful.
You use a TV aerial and a booster amp with 3 (usually 4) outputs. Each output goes to one TV socket.
Regardless of which 'group' TV aerial you need for your local transmitter, you might want to fit a wideband aerial to allow for Freeview/Digital Terrestrial channels moving all over the place in the near-ish future.
Many flats are putting the door entry CCTV camera onto the TV distribution system as it's cheaper than providing video entry phone handsets for all the flats.
Incidentally, you can get satellite dishes with a 4-output LNB so you could provide a satellite feed to each flat quite cheaply too, and avoid future tenants putting their own dishes all over the property. NB This is not the same as a Quattro output, which is designed for use with a Multiswitch for larger installations. http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/lnb_4_way_sky.htm http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/sky_distribution.htm
If you want door entry system wiring diagrams see www.bstl.co.uk and buy the stuff from www.safelink.co.uk
Owain
Thanks everyone, really helpful. I think I'll go the route of supplying a wideband ariel to add a bit of percieved value to the flats.
Chris
chris snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com (ChrisD) wrote in message

Either will work fine. One aerial costs less than 3. The use of an amplifier splitter rather than a passiv splitter will often improve the picture quality, though not always.
The question I dont know the answer to is what are the legal complications when a shared system goes faulty.
Regards, NT