TV aerial installed

Here is my experience of the Televes DAT 75 TV aerial

After my previous posting on replacing 2 cheapo TV aerials I finally installed a Televes DAT 75. The meanest looking aerial in the cpc catalogue with the biggest gain and front to back figures I could see. After a test in the house I decided that I could install in the loft rather than wobbling about on the ladder outside.

I have to say the picture is now perfect. This is despite the Televes aerial being some 4-6ft lower than than the 2 outdoor aerials on the roof.

I found the Televes easy enough to install (despite there being no instructions supplied) although for anyone who has to resort to an outdoor aerial I am not quite so sure how the top back grill would withstand a gale. Channel 5 is now perfect. Before even with a booster the reception was poor.

In fact the only disadvantage of installing it in the loft is no one is going to see the meanest aerial in the street. :-)

I slightly curious about how the aerial works. Although there is plenty of structure to the aerial this doesn't appear to be connect to the actual receiver part of the aerial which slots in to the aerial. I could be wrong maybe it does somehow.

Is the aerial somehow focusing the transmission onto the receiver part.

Reply to
David Cawkwell