TV aerial cable routing

Hi All

Is it ok to route a TV aerial cable through a bathroom on its route from the loft to the ground floor? Not sure whether regs apply since it is not a current carrying cable? Plan to run it behind the door in a corner of the bathroom and hidden inside mini trunking.

Opinions anybody?

Reply to
oldskoolskater

wrote

Don't see a problem, but don't you have an airing cupboard - much tidier to hide it in there!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

The bathroom is getting ripped apart in a few months time so will only be on show until then, which is why I'm going to take this proposed route

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
oldskoolskater

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:48:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com mused:

ISTR someone telling me that permitted zones were a bit more restricting in bathrooms, e.g. you can't run a co-ax up the corner.

Reply to
Lurch

He is suffering from strangulated grammar. I doubt he is bothered much about co-ax rules and regs.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 04:08:33 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com wrote this:-

The answer to your question is yes it is a current carrying cable, though the current is very small.

Inside trunking, with an outer sheath covering the outer metal conductor. The chances of such a cable introducing a potential into the room are fairly close to zero, other than in a lightning strike.

I don't see a problem with this setup for a few months until more work is done.

Reply to
David Hansen