Tumble dryer ontop of washing machine - where to get the fitting so they sit properly?

Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Stacking kit.

Usually made to stack a current model dryer on top of a current model washing machine from the same manufacturer.

derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Appliance Stacking Kit. But they can be expensive depending on the make and model you buy them for. Three lengths of thin plywood and a couple of joint pieces to fix them together, is all you need to hold the dryer on top of the washing machine. It's just something to stop the vibration shaking the dryer off the top. Anything to hold the two appliances together is easily made with little bits and bobs of stuff lying around the house.

Things like nobbly car mats, that holds the dryer feet / wheels in place on top of the washing machine, can be enough to stop them parting ways.

Reply to
BigWallop

They can indeed. I got an agricultural engineer mate to weld me up a couple of angle iron brackets, painted them white & fixed them to the wall. A few self tappers fixed from underneath & Robert is your fathers brother.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That is enough to stop the machines parting when they are working. I've looked at those stacking kits for Bendix and AEG appliances, and it was like the price we paid for the machines all over again. Now the machines have Neoprene washers under the wheels / feet and they stay put without any problems.

The total cost was 4 pounds and 50 pence for 4 thick neoprene car shock absorber washers from a scrap yard. The dryer sits nicely in the big washers and doesn't slide anywhere, even with both machines going at the same time. And they don't mark the top of the washing machine.

Reply to
BigWallop

A shelf?

:-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yes indeed. We bought one for our Zanussi appliances getting on for 20 years ago. There were very few bits in our kit - mainly some nylon slotted things which replaced the feet of the dryer and fitted on top of the washing machine once the original top had been removed.

That reminds me - when we do our new kitchen and make the existing kitchen into a utility room, the machines will sit side by side rather than one on top of the other - so we will need to put them back to standard. I haven't got a clue what I did with the original feet and top!!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Stacking kit.

I had one of those for years but found the combined unit rather cumbersome and wobbly on the suspended floor. I recently went back to a shelf and much prefer it that way - the shelf is also useful for detergent bottles etc. All it took was a batten on the wall, an offcut of worktop, and a couple of wardrobe rails to support the front.

The stacking kit had a roll-out shelf, which for me makes loading and unloading the drier easier. It's easy to make one with a couple of drawer runners under the worktop.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Crosslee make many of the UK tumble driers (350 an hour according to their website) and do a universal stacking kit for the not so expesive price of =A321.54 inc VAT and postage. I have one and it's great, it's fitted both of the different washing machines which it's been asked to sit on.

Reply to
Calvin

FWIW I just sat the tumble dryer on top of the washing maching & never had a problem. The washing machine was sat on a solid, quarry tile floor though. The only 'problem' was that there was a gap between the two in which dirt could collect. Tumble dryers are light enough that it can be tipped backwards to allow a wipe with a cloth, though.

I looked at stacking kits, but decided that the amount they cost just wasn't worth it for a plastic tray.

Cheers, Dom.

Reply to
Poppa

In message , Poppa writes

Same here, the tumble drier has been sat on top of two different washing machines quite happily.But yes, it does require a washing machine that doesn't move/wobble. The floor is solid, and the Bosch washing machine is very stable on the spin cycle

Reply to
chris French