tumble dryer no longer senses when dry...help please

evening,

Our previously trusty Creda Sensor Eco-dry dryer is no longer sensing and so is now worse than an ordinary one in terms of Eco - because it doesn't stop when in Eco mode!!!

This happened 6months ago and I discovered the earth strip (on the rear of the drum bearing that enables resistance (?) of the wet washing to be measured and so allows the Eco Sensing to be done), had worn away and was not making contact. Back then I adjusted it's position and all was well.

Now it's stopped sensing again yet the earth strip is still making good contact.....

Anyone got any thoughts on what to check next ??

(And why build a bl**dy dryer that could in theory stay on *all day* if unattended/unnoticed - sure the thermostats would hopefully kick in and stop fire risks - but think abt all that energy wasted.......bah)

thanks

Jim

Reply to
jim