tumble dryer in bathroom?

Is it possible or even legal to take out a bath and install a shower and a tumble dryer in a bathroom?

No room in my son's house to put a dryer in the kitchen as well as other stuff so wondered if it could be put into a bathroom?

Janet

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

pretty nasty but gotta be better than doing away with the bathroom in effect!

Reply to
philipuk

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:54:33 +0000 someone who may be Janet Tweedy wrote this:-

It is possible and could be made (in a big enough room) to comply with the wiring regulations, either the current ones or the new ones. Whether it is desirable is another matter.

How big is the house? How much drying is there likely to be? Is mechanical drying necessary, or will something like

do the job just as well?

Reply to
David Hansen

In message , David Hansen writes

Our T/D has just died and I've been looking at replacing with one/two of these. The firm I found is . As part of our house is essentially public I'm limited to where I can put them.

Reply to
Si

I have a tumble dryer in the garage, but it's very rarely used.

Reply to
S Viemeister

In article , " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" writes

He's got a washer dryer but it takes forever to do the washing and breaks down occasionally. As he's getting married he figured two sets of washing might take more time than available and a tumble dryer might help.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

In article , David Hansen writes

House is very small until they sell it and buy a bigger one. Just a starter home so very little room to put a line in the garden or put up one of those airers in the bathroom or kitchen,

They both will work late so it would have been useful to be able to dry a lot of stuff and put it away rather than have damp washing hanging round them.

I just wanted to know if having electrical equipment in a bathroom is out of the question.

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

In article , Si writes

Quite often washing that is left to dry indoors like that ends up being rock hard and smells a bit. Not sure if you wouldn't need a fair sized room as well to have the damp washing around.

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

In article , S Viemeister writes

Tumble drying it can often reduce the need to iron and also makes the stuff much softer. With excema the softer towels etc are nicer.:)

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

up via extension cable when required? So connection in the hall, to drier in the bathroom with window open, jus don't do it when you want a bath.

Reply to
L Reid

Indeed. Dewrinkling is one of the reasons I occasionally use the dryer. The winds are strong enough (north coast of Sutherland), much of the time, to fluff and soften the towels, when I hang them out on the drying green.

Reply to
S Viemeister

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:02:45 -0500 someone who may be S Viemeister wrote this:-

They can also be obtained from a hardware shop.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 01:52:31 +0000 someone who may be Janet Tweedy wrote this:-

What is one of those?

Reply to
David Hansen

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 01:50:53 +0000 someone who may be Janet Tweedy wrote this:-

Others can manage to avoid both things.

One needs no sized room at all. However, a high enough ceiling is necessary and this may be a problem in some places.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 01:49:31 +0000 someone who may be Janet Tweedy wrote this:-

No room for a rotary clothes drier?

And you have been given an answer. However, there is a the larger question to discuss.

Reply to
David Hansen

Don't golfers use 'em? ;-)

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

In message , Janet Tweedy writes

I've never noticed clothes being stiff & have received no complaints (maybe people are too polite) from hanging clothes off a (sturdy enough) light fitting in a bedroom.

That's what open windows are for. :)

Reply to
Si

In article , L Reid writes

Oh good idea. Could run an extension cable into the bedroom.

Thanks.

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

On Jan 7, 11:53=A0am, Janet Tweedy

Is there an airing cupboard?

Reply to
adder1969

In article , adder1969 writes

No, the boiler is on the wall in the kitchen, don't think there is an immersion heater. It's only a starter home so there's not much space at all :)

Reply to
Janet Tweedy