Tumble Dryer Fires

Used to be largest single cause of farm fires - and caused a few deaths too.

Reply to
bert

I agree it is unlike to be the same mechanism as hay.

Hardly the best ever sources, but perhaps there is more to the idea of spontaneous combustion in a tumble dryer than I had thought. But very much pointing at things like oil left on clothes. The issue of power-cuts seems more important - for if you lose power the machine cannot then follow a safe cool-down process.

polygonum