Tumble dryer - energy efficiency

Our condensor only has an electrical feed...

I presume it has a chiller since the energy consumption is higher than for a normal vented dryer. (although on the plus side the heat is vented into the room rather than outside, so the cost equation is you spend

5kWh instead of 4kWh per load, but save 5kWh of gas in the process)
Reply to
John Rumm

That would be the main gain IMHO. The basic physics obviously remain the same, but more intelligent control will save money spent drying already dry clothes.

Reply to
John Rumm

How does it compare to a linear dryer? (Single bit of string between two poles).

jgh

Reply to
jgh
8<

Where does the water go?

Reply to
dennis

As it's a condenser drier, I imagine it condenses it out.

Mine has a tank, but you can fit a drain. I've never bothered.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

On mine, into a large "drawer" that you pull out of the machine to empty. You can also plumb it in if you want...

Reply to
John Rumm

Seconded.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Combined solar and wind now that is energy efficient.

Reply to
bert